Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Ganesh Pal

As it has always been my custom for the past few years, I wanted to skip celebrating Holi this year too. I usually do this by getting out of town to some place where Holi ( the colour part of it ) is not celebrated on the same day as in Dharwad. This time I decided to go to "Ganesh Pal" as it had been around 8 years since I visited this place. I gathered up one of my friends, Anand, and asked him to come to my place at 7:30. We had decided to go all by ourselves but my Brother (Mikhail) said that his friend Prateek, was arriving from Bangalore and was also interested. Prateek arrived and we left at 8:30. Myself and Anand on his Platina and Mikhail and Prateek on our "Mahindra Rodeo" (Great Scooter, by the way). We took the Dharwad - Kalghatgi road and reached Kalghatgi. We stopped there and had a nice breakfast amidst people revelling in bright colours. We eventually reached Yellapur journeying on the smooth and well made Hubli - Ankola highway NH63. The Contractor who laid this road needs special mention here as the road laid in around 1993-5 has almost not deteriorated at all even after bearing the almost impossible loads during the mining rush recently, I believe he should be awarded the Padma Bhushan! Anyway, we reached Yellapur and after shopping for a few snacks, started searching for Food to take away. Owing to the ay being very young, we ended up visiting around 5-6 restaurants with nothing to show for our troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment